How is that possible?
You’re about to read cutting edge information about the NEW therapeutic role Cannabis can potentially play in the loss of body fat and weight. Science is now debunking the notion that cannabis is all about being high, lost in the munchies and weight gain!
CBD and WEIGHT LOSS
The research is pouring in and the exciting news is CBD may:
- Have appetite-suppressant effects
- Stimulate proteins and genes responsible for breaking down and oxidizing fat
- Improve fasting insulin and plasma glucose levels
- Decrease the production of proteins involved in fat cell generation and increase activity of mitochondria (boosting the body’s ability to burn calories)
- Lower cortisol (primary stress hormone) which is tied to weight gain
CBD rich products are your allies:
- Raw Hemp Tinctures and capsules,
- essential oils that mirror the cannabis Terpenes
- hemp foods
CANNABIS TERPENES and WEIGHT LOSS
All plants have terpenes. Terpenes are plant oils that have distinct aromas, flavors and medicinal properties.
Specific terpenes may:
- Suppress appetite
- Address anxiety,
- Help with depression,
- Reduce stress and
- So much more.
Cannabis terpenes, cannabinoids and flavonoids work together in a powerful synergistic way. The is called The Entourage Effect. You want to be sure your products are the whole plant so you have the benefits of The Entourage Effect.
ESSENTIAL OILS and WEIGHT LOSS:
The medicinal properties of cannabis terpenes are also found in essential oils with similar plant profiles!
Humulene and Limonene are cannabis terpenes that suppresses appetite and promote weight loss. Here’s two examples to show you how you can take advantage of these powerful terpenes:
- Endoca CBD oil/capsule is a whole plant product and includes the terpenes humulene, limonene along with all the other terpenes, cannabinoids and flavonoids in cannabis. This is an effective weight loss tool and the synergy of the whole plant supports you in healing in many ways.
- Doterra essential oils Ylang Ylang, Orange and Lemon are rich in the terpenes humulene and limonene and have additional healing terpenes as well.
Hemp foods help manage appetite and weight by promoting a feeling of fullness. They provide a healthy dose of dietary fiber, which helps regulate blood glucose. When you keep your glucose levels steady, you’re much less likely to experience energy crashes and sugar cravings. This is crucial in avoiding a binge. The high nutrient content of hemp seeds, protein powder, energy bars are the perfect support and antidote for sweet-tooth cravings.
Hemp is one of nature’s best sources for plant-based protein. Hemp protein powder has 20 amino acids, including the nine essential amino acids that your body is unable to produce on its own and must obtain from dietary sources.
Add Hemp foods into your plan to lose weight and be the healthiest you!
CBD and BODY FAT SCIENCE
CBD can transform white adipose tissue (fat) into brown and beige adipose tissue. This transformation process is referred to as fat browning. Why is this important? White adipose is related to fat accumulation. Brown and beige adipose is linked to calorie burn.
Boosting beige-colored tissue leads to an improvement in glucose tolerance, which results in more resistance to diabetes and other various blood lipid abnormalities.
The body is miraculous in that it produces fat as a form of protection for the organs against several harmful toxins. This means that the more toxins you have, the more difficult it is to burn fat. CBD helps rid the body of toxins, which in turn, protects the organs while simultaneously reducing the need for additional fat cells.
The University of Miami study examined data from nearly 8,500 individuals via the National Health and Nutrition Surveys (2005-2010). Participants were between 20 and 59 years old. They found cannabis users on average:
- Less abdominal fat
- Had lower blood sugar levels
- Less risk of developing type 2 Diabetes
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Lower levels of bad cholesterol.
The Journal of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry: researchers studied the effects of CBD on fat cells to explore potential benefits on the treatment and prevention of obesity. Remarkably, CBD was found to do the following:
- Increase the body’s ability to burn calories
- Decrease fat cell generation
- Enhance the breakdown and oxidation of fat
The American Journal of Medicine in a study titled “The Impact of Marijuana Use on Glucose, Insulin, and Insulin Resistance among US Adults” studied 4,657 men and women over a 5-year period. They concluded that marijuana use was associated with lower levels of fasting insulin and HOMA-IR (insulin resistance calculator), and smaller waist circumference.